Safety and Attendance
The school program endeavours to develop the following safety habits. Please reinforce these at home.
- Children should know their full name, address and telephone number
- Children should use the safest, most direct route between home and the school
- Always cross the road at approved crossings
- Use the lights when using the crossing at High Street and Lynnwood Parade – crossings are supervised between 8.20 am until 9.00 am and 3.30 pm until 3.50 pm
- Permission should be sought from parents before children go home with friends
Drivers must observe the parking signs outside the school. In particular they should note the designated two minute drop off and pick up spaces in High Street.
- Drivers must follow the road regulations at all times. E.g. no U turns across double lines or double parking
- Failure to comply with these laws endangers lives and will incur penalties
- The staff car park is not to be used as a pick up or drop off point
Internal And External Supervision
Internal and external supervision is undertaken by teachers to cover recesses, and fifteen minutes before and after school. Students are encouraged to seek duty teachers if a playground problem or accident occurs. If students arrive prior to 15 minutes before school, they should be booked into Before School Care.
It is a requirement that your child maintains full school attendance for prescribed times unless she/he is ill. The First Aid Room is only for immediate, short term care of students. A note to the class teacher upon return from illness providing reason for absence is a legal requirement.
If your child is ill due to one of the following: mumps, chicken pox or measles, please notify the school immediately.
Parents wishing to collect students during school hours must first obtain an Early Dismissal Slip from the main office. These slips must be handed to class teachers when collecting your children. All children leaving school during school hours must be met at the classroom or office by a parent/guardian.
A student information record is kept on file for each child. This enables the school to contact parents or the emergency contact in case of an accident or illness.
Parents are requested to advise the school of any change of address or telephone numbers.
Please notify the school of any relevant information regarding custody and access rights which would affect your child’s security. Such issues will be handled in confidence.
We have a well equipped first aid room. Most staff have been trained in first aid and are available for assistance. Teachers on yard duty are equipped with basic first aid supplies.