What is the role of School Souncil?
All government schools in Victoria have a School Council, which is a legal entity in its own right. School Councils operate under the framework of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 and The Education Regulations 2007.
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the school within the school’s community
- Develop and monitor the school strategic plan
- Develop, review and update school policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct and the School Dress Code
- Raise funds for school related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Help to maintain the school’s grounds and facilities
- Enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Report annually to the school community and to DET
- Stimulate interest in the school generally