- New, modern indoor learning spaces equipped with Smartboards, netbooks, desktops and iPads
- Three adventure playgrounds and football/cricket oval
- Synthetic turf netball/basketball court and athletics track
- Indoor gymnasium
- Commercial kitchen
- Vegetable garden
- Passive, quiet outdoor space
- Library (open before school and at lunch time)
- Multi-purpose room
New School Building Open
Building the Education Revolution (BER)
As part of the Commonwealth Government’s economic stimulus package, the Commonwealth committed $14.7 billion over three years to Australian schools through the Building the Education Revolution. Templestowe Height Primary School has received $4.75 million in funding to redevelop and design a new school.
The Commonwealth’s Building the Education Revolution program provided Templestowe Heights Primary School with the opportunity to consider efficiencies in the design and construction of education facilities.
We have been able to use the Department’s design approach to create and support a learning environment that:
meets the changing educational requirements of our students and the school communities;
- incorporates current educational standards;
- supports contemporary teaching and learning practices; and
- facilitates greater access for the broader community.
Templestowe Heights Primary School has been able to design a school facility that will provide a world-class teaching and learning facility that will support the improvement of educational outcomes and facilitate a strong focus on excellence into the 21st Century.
After 3 years of consultation and building Templestowe Heights opened its new buildings on Friday 16th November 2012 to much fanfare!
Ex-School Council Presidents, past and present staff, parents and pupils attended a day of celebration. A plaque was unveiled to commemorate the occasion.