Parent participation at Templestowe Heights Primary School is welcomed and encouraged. It is recognised as being a natural and desirable part of a positive home/school/student/ parent/teacher partnership.
Templestowe Heights Primary School needs the active involvement of everyone in supporting school activities.
There are many ways in which parents can become involved:
- Become a School Councillor by joining School Council
- Join a School Council sub committee
- Parents and Friends meet once a month on Friday mornings at 9.15am in the staffroom – all are welcome
- Become a “Classroom Helper” by assisting with classroom programs such as reading, computers, maths, science, music, physical education and perceptual motor programs
- Assist with excursions, sporting events, classroom and special event programs
- After school sporting groups
- Participate in parent-education nights (i.e. how to help with reading at home, how to support your child with maths)
- Grounds and development rosters to maintain school buildings and grounds
- Social activities
- School basketball
- Support the community garden and chickens
Your contribution and involvement at Templestowe Heights Primary School will be beneficial to your child and the school.
All school helpers and volunteers are required to have a valid and up-to-date WWCC (Working With Children Check). Please go to www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au to apply.