Parent participation at Templestowe Heights Primary School is welcomed and encouraged. It is recognised as being a natural and desirable part of a positive home/school/student/ parent/teacher partnership.
Templestowe Heights Primary School needs the active involvement of everyone in supporting school activities.
There are many ways in which parents can become involved:
- Become a School Councillor by joining School Council
- Join a School Council sub committee
- Parents and Friends meet once a month on Friday mornings at 9.15am in the staffroom – all are welcome
- Become a “Classroom Helper” by assisting with classroom programs such as reading, computers, maths, science, music, physical education and perceptual motor programs
- Assist with excursions, sporting events, classroom and special event programs
- After school sporting groups
- Participate in parent-education nights (i.e. how to help with reading at home, how to support your child with maths)
- Grounds and development rosters to maintain school buildings and grounds
- Social activities
- School basketball
Your contribution and involvement at Templestowe Heights Primary School will be beneficial to your child and the school.